Student Advising Outcomes
Auburn University believes that advising is an integral part of a student’s education and that it is based upon clear communication between the student and the advisor. We expect the following outcomes to result from a successful advising relationship.
- Students will understand their responsibility in developing their academic plans and career choices.
- Students will view their advisors as well-informed and supportive partners in the development of their academic and career plans.
- Students will view their advisors as individuals who will refer them to other sources of information.
- Students will understand the AU academic policies that govern their academic progress.
- Students will understand how to obtain academic information.
- Students will understand requirements to make progress towards completing their degree program.
- Students will complete their registration for the next semester in a timely manner.
- Students will understand the student services available to support student success.
- Students will understand how alternative career plans may affect academic plans.